Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Pictures 2008

Here are our family pictures. This was something I shed many tears over. Each time I thought of doing our family pictures this fall I would cry. It just doesn't seem right that we would be having a family picture taken without our WHOLE family. I decided I couldn't have a photographer take them this year because I didn't know if I could make it through them without losing it so we did the self timer. It was also something I couldn't plan on. I had to have a day where I felt strong enough to do it. That day ended up being kind of windy so they didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but I made it through it.

The flower represents Wyatt. I think we will always have a flower or something in our family pictures from now on to remember Wyatt by. It has been an emotional thing for me. Maybe because it's something we have done every fall since we have been married. I had no idea that our picture last year would be the only one that our WHOLE family would be in. I look at our "new" family and it breaks my heart to not have our youngest in the picture.

I have also added our Christmas card for those of you that we don't have your address or e-mail address for. You may need to click on it to make it readable. We are very grateful for all the many people that have touched our life's this year. Thank you to each and everyone of you. For those we know and for those we don't know....THANK YOU!










12 comments:

Gillian said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous family! And those who know you can see Wyatt in your family picture too---smiling with the rest of you.

Natalie said...

I think that is such a wonderful idea to have something in your picture that represents Wyatt. When I got your Christmas card, I figured that was what the flower was representing. You have a wonderful family! Wyatt will always be with you even though we can't see him. I love all the pictures. Love you.

Heather said...

Your family is so beautiful! The flower is a great idea. Your angel Wyatt is watching over you, I'm certain.

Gedge's said...

What pretty pictures. I know that it is hard to take those pictures without your Wyatt. I have a ring that I wear in pictures that the hospital gave me after Taylor. It is so neat to know that he is there in spirit. I know that Wyatt misses you and will be checking up with you often. I hope through all the hurried Christmas season that you can find some peace and know that you will see your little Wyatt again..

Take care and happy holidays.
Julie

Jill said...

I love these pics Andrea! Keep it up! I'm sure Wyatt was right there with you, keeping you strong.

Eileen said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful family. My heart just aches for you. So many hard, sad things that come from losing a child. I will never, well, hope to never, imagine.

There was a terrible accident here in Cache Valley 2 weekends ago that left 2 small children orphaned and another family lost their 9 year old daughter, that was an only child. Too much sadness to even comprehend.

Much love and hugs from The Top of Utah.

Robyn said...

Love, Love, LOVE your Christmas card! The pictures turned out great-I can't believe you did them with the self-timer! Perfect choice of a flower-I love daisies. Your family is beautiful! I can see Wyatt in your picture...He is right there with you. I love you lots!

Danielle said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now and I haven't commented before. Every time I read it, I am so touched, by several things: your faith, the sadness of loosing your baby, the strength of your family, Wyatt's sweet pictures- I could go on. I am so sorry for your loss. Your family is so beautiful. I just want you to know that although I don't know you- I do pray for you. I hope that you are able to have some peace and comfort, especially at this time of the year.

Teea Lamb said...

That has got be a very hard thing to do. You are amazing. And these pictures are very darling of your family. What a great idea with the flower. I'll have to think of something like that... luckily I don't have to worry about family pictures for awhile. I think. Anyway, I hope you and your family are doing well. Thanks for your love and support.
Love,
Teea

Michelle said...

Awesome idea with the flower! Maybe we will do something similar for our next family pictures.
This last time I held a white blanket, and later photoshopped Benjamin into the picture. This was important to me, because we never got a picture with the whole family together. You are so blessed to have had Wyatt for the time you did! I know it's so hard, though. My heart goes out to you.
Sending love and {hugs},
Michelle

Megan said...

I saw a shooting star last night and thought of you! I've enjoyed reading your blog. I also love the idea of a flower I will be coping your idea.

Julie said...

Oh Andrea...I am so glad we finally got in touch! Your family is beautiful! Your sweet Wyatt is so adorable! I have no doubt he is always watching over you and your family!