Sunday, October 12, 2008

Maui

Derek and I got back yesterday from our week in Maui. It was wonderful, amazing and something we needed more than I thought. We had a lot of fun together. I've added some of the many pictures we took during our week. I'm so grateful for Derek and for our marriage. I'm also so grateful for the beauties of this earth. Grief can do weird things to you. I feel like I've been living in a fog since Wyatt died. Things don't give me the joy and pleasure like they use to do. I'm sure that will return as time goes on(at least I hope). I was able to have some moments in Maui when the beauties around me brought a little of that back and of course spending one on one time with my sweet heart was amazing. I'm grateful for any little glimpses of joy that come into my life. I also had many "Wyatt moments" with butterflies and rainbows. I've added one of my favorite songs "For the beauty of the earth." Maui truly is paradise and I'm so grateful for the beautiful earth we get to enjoy. I wondered at times if some of the beautiful things we were able to see and experience is a little bit of what Wyatt is enjoying right now....a little bit of heaven.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Andrea-
It looks like you had a wonderful time-your pictures are amazing! I am so happy for you-I hope it helped with a little healing. You did such a good job with the slide show and of course you picked the perfect song to go with it! I can't wait to talk to you and hear all about it. I love you!

Gillian said...

Loved this--perfectly said. I am glad you had some special Wyatt moments, can't wait to hear about them. The pictures are amazing, and you are beautiful. I'm so glad you had this special time with your husband in paradise. You are so right--there are places here on earth that must be so much like heaven.

Jill said...

Love the pictures! You guys look so happy! Can you imagine the beauty Wyatt is experiencing?! I'm betting he was glad to see you two enjoying time together and so happy. I love hawaii!

Natalie said...

I didn't think I could miss Maui more but I am. I loved looking at your pictures. I'm glad you and Derek had a great time and I'm sorry for the greif that immediately followed on your return. I'm sure that Heaven has to have part of Hawaii in it, at least I hope. I'm glad you still had special Wyatt moments. My prayers and love are with you. Thanks for getting that Shoyu sauce. I hate airports!

carolyn q said...

It sounds like your trip was very much needed and I am glad your were able to see the beauty in all that you could.
I know there were times that what I was feeling with Hope's passing was not the same as what Scott was but I was so grateful that he would put his arm around me and just hold me and let me cry...and then there were times I would hold him and let him cry. I can't imagine going through this with someone else.
I love the song!

Linda Pickles said...

Your pictures are beautiful--I love Maui, too. It is my favorite island. So glad you had a chance to get away and enjoy paradise together. It was good to see you smile again.
Thanks again for doing your blog. You always pick such beautiful music, and it always starts my day in an uplifting way, and keeps me connected with you! I love you!

Neener said...

Loved your beautiful blog today, the music was perfect with your photos. You did a great job putting them together and I am so glad you both had that wonderful time together... it helps the healing a little bit I think. Jeff and I are getting ready to go away again at the end of November, we have decided it is our time together and we couldn't agree more with you about the beauties of this earth... I love Hawaii so much because of the rainbows... I would seriously move back there again.. . Sending you lots of love from cold Canada and saying thanks for being you. Have a great day.