Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines 2012


 Valentines this year was fun.  I love Pinterest and used it to find some free printables.  I put these candy bars in the kids mailboxes and I also made a basket for my sweetheart of some of his favorite things.  The kids love Gatorade so I thought some red Gatorade would be a fun and different Valentines.  I did our traditional heart waffles for breakfast and made some strawberry milk to add a little pink to our morning. 

After the kids went to school my parents called and wanted to go on a ride.  I always enjoy spending time with them and enjoyed our little excursion.  It really brought back memories of the old days when it was just the 3 of us before I got married.  Love my parents!

D and I went out to lunch and enjoyed some time together.  So grateful he is in my live.  Don't know what I would do without him!  D and I had a surprise b-day party that night for a good friend so we got the kids pizza and they had their own little dinner.  I usually do a nice dinner for Valentines for the family but some years you just have to roll with the punches.  All in all it was a fun and memorable day.

 Breakfast




 My sweetheart gave me some of the most beautiful tulips ever!  I absolutely love them and have enjoyed them so much.  Some people think flowers are a waste of money but for me they are worth every penny.  They bring something special to our home and I love it.  They also bring joy into my daily routine.  So grateful for flowers!



 Love having some on my nightstand.

No comments: