Friday, December 24, 2010

A couple of sweet gifts

I wanted to quickly post about a package I received in the mail yesterday. It really touched me deeply. My sweet niece Susie sent me one of the kindest most amazing letter. It will definitely be something I will always cherish. I'm not going to share what she wrote but I have to say it was some of the sweetest and most kind things anyone could say. Her letter will definitely be kept in a safe place and read many more times. She also sent me a few things with the letter. Some pictures of what she had done along with an ornament she had made for Wyatt's tree.

She told me about how she had given a talk about me and Wyatt for her Young women's and excellence night. She talked about faith and told about Wyatt and me. I don't even know how to express how much that meant to me that she would do this. She enclosed in her letter some of the sweet things she had said in her talk. Something I will always cherish. So, Susie. thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will be forever grateful to you for the kindness you have shown.

For me one of the greatest things someone can do is to remember my son. To hear about how what we have been through has helped someone else in some way is such a tender mercy for me. It always does my heart good when I hear how our story has affected someone for good. As a mother I also feel like I need to keep his memory alive so when someone else does that for me it's one of the greatest gifts I can be given.

After the Young women's and excellence night she wrote on a balloon and sent it up into the "starry night sky" in memory of Wyatt. What a sweet tender mercy for me. Here are a couple of the pictures she sent me. She also made an ornament for Wyatt's tree. On the package that had Wyatt's ornament on it she had attached a cute little butterfly that I put on his tree as well. They will be a sweet reminder of the kindness shown to me by a 14 year old young lady. An amazingly mature and sensitive young lady. Thanks again Susie. I think YOUR amazing and I'm so grateful that I get to be your Aunt. I continue to marvel at this new generation that is coming up. They seem to be more sensitive and understanding than most. I have other nieces and nephews and young women in my ward that have shown such kindnesses and sensitivity towards me. There is something extra special about this rising generation. I truly believe they have been saved for these last days because of the incredible valiant spirits that they are. I'm so blessed to have them in my life. What a tender mercy they have been to me. I have much to be grateful for. Thanks again Susie...I will always remember what you have done for me. I LOVE the ornament you made for his tree. It's just perfect!




Another tender mercy that I received this last week was the 12 days of Christmas from my kindred spirit. She sent me cards this week with the kindest most amazing words in them. They will also be something I will cherish all my life. I'm so grateful for my kindred spirit and all she has done for me. I don't know what I would have done without having someone that truly understood me, my heart and the ache that I feel. Thank you Jen!!

No comments: