Saturday, September 25, 2010

Beach

We celebrated Wyatt's birthday in California. I have so many pictures and things to blog about but until I get a second from unpacking and doing all the million other things that needs to get done, here are a few pictures I took at the beach. I LOVE the beach, the ocean, the sand. I find such symbolism in the ocean and how much it's like grief and the journey I've been on the past 2 1/2 years. It was a much needed vacation for me, Derek and the kids. It was a wonderful way to celebrate and remember Wyatt as a family. We had many tender mercies to make this vacation possible. Right now I'm longing for a little more time at the beach.....






































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your reflections, it helps me to feel not alone. Others have had similar losses as me.

carolyn q said...

Andrea,
I am so glad that you were able to get away and have some very happy moments together as a family as you celebrate Wyatt's life.
I too find great symbolism in the beach and the feeling of peace it brings to my soul.
My thoughts were with you on that special day and continue.
Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures.
Wyatt will never be forgotten :0)
(HUGS)
Carolyn

The Holland Family said...

I love love love your new family picture. Im doing the same type of family photo this year. I hope mine turns out as well as yours did. I've been trying to get it all together. So cute!

Neener said...

Andrea, this is so beautiful.
My eyes are filled with tears as I see this post. You have such a beautiful family and my heart aches for you,but I am glad you made happy memories. You are so inspiring to other Angel Mommies.

Thanks Andrea/
All our love.
McMahon family