Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hayley's birthday

I can't believe this baby is now...
a five year old. I truly can't believe she is 5 years old. Where has the time gone? She had a wonderful birthday with lots of fun presents. Since her birthday was on a Sunday this year she got to choose something fun to do as a family Saturday night. We do a friends party one year and the next year is a family party. This year was the family one and she decided to go to Fiesta Family Fun. Lots of fun games and lots of tickets won.
She wanted a butterfly cake this year. A tender mercy for me. It was not my idea at all. We looked through all the princess and castle cakes and she was set on a butterfly one so that is what we did. All in all it was a great day for her.
She is such a blessing in all of our lives. We feel so beyond blessed to have her. She has been there for me on countless occasions. She has helped me through some hard, hard times. I believe a part of her mission here on earth is to help heal her mom.

With her baby doll.

A butterfly necklace from Wyatt. She was excited to have one like Emily's and hopefully it will always remind her of her little brother and how he wants her to choose the right.
I have so many more things to blog about. Tyler ran a triathlon at his school, and we put up Wyatt's tree yesterday. I feel such love from that tree...overwhelming LOVE.

2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Hayley! She is seriously too cute for words! I have to tell you how much I love that you give your kids gifts from Wyatt... I'm going to have to copy that idea. I'm sure those gifts are so precious to them. And, I love the cake you made! You are one amazing woman!!

Lance Boldt said...

I stumbled across this blog and really appreciate your approach to grieving. As a father who has lost 2 sons to cancer, I know how important it is to find meaning and perspective. Thank you for assembling all this wisdom in one place.

Josh knew he was going home and tried very hard to teach us how to handle it with grace.

http://nutsandboldts.typepad.com/chromosomes_cancer_kids/2009/11/its-time-to-go-home.html