Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This Weekend

Draper Temple


This past weekend we had the opportunity to go up north for the Draper Temple open house. Oh, what a beautiful temple. It was neat to be able to let my kids see what it's like inside the temple...how gorgeous and peaceful it is. My favorite part was when we got to go into the sealing room and a couple talked to us about marriage and eternal life. That has so much more meaning to me. It's hard not to shout out loud how grateful I am that Derek and I were married for time and all eternity and that we will be a forever family. Because of the temple we are sealed to Wyatt forever. I can't think of a greater blessing than to know we will be together with those we love forever. I hope walking through the temple was a good experience for my kids..one that will get them even more excited to go someday.
I was also able to meet with some mom's and dad's that have lost their kids. It was simply amazing to me how I felt an instant bond with each of them. As they each told their story about their little one my heart broke because I know all too well what they are going through. The pain and heartache they are experiencing. I'm so grateful for ALL the people that have been placed into my life to help me through this trial. There are others that I can't wait to meet someday that have been there for me through the thick and thin of all the grief. I feel so blessed that a loving Heavenly Father put all these wonderful grieving parents into my life to help me know I'm not alone...to help me know that what I'm thinking and feeling is NORMAL. It was wonderful to finally meet a few of my angel parents..can't wait for the day to meet all the others.
I'm finding that going out of town and being away from normal life helps me. I really enjoyed my weekend with my sister's family and my family. We had such a good time chillin'(on facebook). I guess I need those moments to know that life is good and that there still is joy to be found. It's coming back to normal life that is always hard. That void of Wyatt's absence seems to hit me in the face once we get home. One day at a time is all I can do---pushing forward with hope, faith and excitement for when Wyatt isn't that void anymore and is a part of everything our family does. He may be here in spirit but I can't wait until he is with us physically.

11 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Andrea,

It was such a treat to finally meet you. You are so small and petite, but your spirit is so big and strong and your love for little Wyatt so evident through your words. I have no doubt he is proud of his mommy. I hope we get to see you again. I can honestly say from one grieving mother to another that I love you.

Angela said...

Andrea,

How wonderful that you were able to meet with other moms and families. Being all the way in Florida, I have not had that opportunity. If you ever want to get away to Sunny Florida, bring the whole family!

Thank you for your beautiful post on the temple. The Draper temple is magnificent. I am also grateful that we are a forever family too. It gives me hope...but, I too wish our little guy was here physically too. Our 7year old daughter prays for the Millenium to come every night before bed.

Thanks for letting me be part of your life.

Angela
(Evan from Heaven's mom)

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you were able to go to the open house. I'm also so glad there are so many people to help you that truly understand what you are going through. You are doing so well Andrea, I can see your stregnth. Just keep going and grieving NORMAL! You are such a good example to me! Love you!

Jill said...

What a great weekend it was for you and us! I love being around you and your family Andrea. I love that we have fun doing absolutely nothing (meaning becoming facebook FANatics - ha ha) You're kids are so much fun! Hayley kills me, she's so dang cute! I wish you guys lived here, or we lived there. That would certainly be ideal for the Vance, Witt, Albaugh, and soon to be Kellum family! :)

I'm so glad you got to meet Michelle and some of the other "angel mothers" who have changed and blessed your life. What a neat experience! Just know you are one of those "angels mothers" too and so many (more than you know) are strengthened by you. I hope you realize and recognize that your faith is what is healing you and helping so many other people. I love you Andrea! I'll talk to you soon.

Love, your "friend" (hehe)
Jill

Larsen said...

Andrea it was so wonderful to meet you in person. You are such an awesome mother and friend. And I wish that you could come and be with us each time we meet. You really are such an amazing person. I am impressed with how you listen to that still small voice and follow it, bringing comfort to other mothers who suffer with you. I echo what Molly said, "I love you"

Amanda and Larry said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to see you guys before you left. we had a 6 and a half hour meeting so I didn't get out til six thirty. Long story but I wish I could have seen you more. Everyone has facebook now. it makes me laugh ha ha

Neener said...

I loved your comments about the Draper temple. Andrea, I wish we lived closer, I need people like you and the other "angel mom's" in my life. I sit at home today feeling sad and lonely for myself here in Canada wishing I could go to one of those "meeting angel Mom's" nights. I have been hiding myself in a bubble lately trying to tell myself that I don't need the "angel blog" anymore. When in reality, I need it more than ever. Making myself pull away from all the sadness and "reality" has made me not be myself.

Your blog this morning brightened my day, and I am so glad I met you, so glad for all our chats online. I pray for you and love you.
Denine
p.s. I am adding you as a facebook friend :)

Em said...

I can not wait to meet you! What an awesome chance to get away! It does help to get away for awhile. We went on a vacation to San Diego almost a year ago, and it was the best thing we have ever done!

Katie Sue said...

Andrea (and Derek),

I was on my MVSH1987 website and someone mentioned your MVHS1989 website. I checked it out and saw a cute picture of you and Derek and those beautiul children, a little of you and a little of Derek. I checked out your blog and I've spent the last hour or so crying and reliving old memories. That husband and brother of yours use to torment the heck out of me. I was easy prey as I believed everything they said!!! Can you say gullible!!! Matt & Becky told me that you two had gotten married. It put a smile on my face!!! As both of you are great people, you are both blessed to have each other!!! It was fun to see pictures of your parents too. They are such good people. Tell them hi. I can only imagine what you are all going through. Just know that I am thinking about you and love you all very much!!!

Love,
Katie Sue Harvey Beck Peterson

andrea said...

Hi Andrea- this is random...I only found your blog because my name is also Andrea Larsen. I live in Nashville TN and I'm LDS also. I just pulled out my husband's genealogy book to see if we are related! Ha...I didn't see you guys in there!

My heart just goes out to you! I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't think there is a more difficult trial. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Wishing you and your adorable family the best.
andrea

Gillian said...

I'm so glad you got to do this---what a wonderful idea.
I feel like I missed out on something really special. Wish I lived closer. :)
And thanks for the reminder to go to the temple, I needed it!