Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Thanks"

How grateful I am for all the wonderful family and friends I have. I just wanted to thank so many of you for all the love and support you give me. Thanks to so many of you for taking the time this past weekend out of your busy schedules to spend some time comforting and supporting me. I think one of the only ways to be able to make it through this most difficult time is the support of so many wonderful people in my life. President David O. McKay talks about the need of friends during challenging times I would like to add family to this quote as well. He said:
"Life sometimes seems a parched and barren desert, when, as a matter of fact,
there is comfort, even happiness within our grasp if we could or would but reach
for it. Next to a sense of kinship with God comes the helpfulness, encouragement
and inspiration of friends(and family). Friendship is a sacred possession. As
air, water and sunshine are to flowers, trees and verdure, so smiles sympathy
and love of friends(and family) are to the daily life of man. "To live, laugh,
love ones' friends, and be loved by them is to bask in the sunshine of life."
How grateful I am to so many of you and the kindness you have shown me and my family. Thank you for listening to me, comforting me and giving me hope for the future.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love you Andrea! And your family! It was such a fun weekend!

Neener said...

Wishing you all the best going into this weekend. I loved what you wrote from Pres. McKay. We are coming through St. George at the end of July... if you and your family will be around we would love to meet all of you.

Felipe and Erika said...

Andrea, it was so wonderful to see you and hug you on Monday and to finally meet Hayley. Thank you for being such a "kindred spirit". I love you and think of you often:)I hope we get to see each other again soon.