Saturday, June 14, 2008

"Happy Father's Day"

To my sweet husband the most amazing father in the world:

Oh, how Wyatt loved his dad. Derek spent a lot of time with Wyatt. One reason was he was at home a lot because work was very slow. Another reason is he knew this would be his last time to enjoy his own little baby in our home. He spent most nights holding Wyatt either while he watched TV or while he was playing the Wii. Wyatt loved to be in his dad's arms while playing the Wii. Derek was always so willing to change a diaper or walk with Wyatt while he was fussy. He would rub his feet and make him smile and laugh. It's been hard for me to see Dad's with their little babies playing and enjoying them knowing that my husband wasn't going to get to do that with his baby anymore. Derek has been the strength and comfort for our family the past few months. He has been the steady one and has tried making our lives that much better during such a difficult time. How grateful I am that I have such a wonderful husband and that he is such a wonderful father to all of his children. Tyler, Emily, Hayley and Wyatt are the luckiest children in the world. Happy Father's Day Derek! We love you!
















We love you Dad!!
Emily's baptism and Wyatt's blessing day.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I saw your comment on Michelle's blog so I found yours. I am so sorry for your loss. It breaks my heart that you are hurting so bad. My cousin lost her baby girl in October. She suddenly died from what they thought was SIDS but after she passed found a major heart defect. I too have felt at times I don't want to bring it up for fear of hurting her. She married my cousin after his mission to the Phillipines, and brought her her to the US. She has no family here, her parents couldn't even come to the funeral. They are too poor to leave. I feel so bad she didn't even have her mom here. It was her fourth baby and her family hasn't ever seen any of her kids. I feel so grateful to read blogs such as yours and Michelle's, because I really want to help her but I don't know quite how. I will be praying for your family. It seems so many are dealing with loss right now. May you feel some peace in time, and I hope you feel the unending love that the Saviour has for you and your family. Your kids are adorable, and Wyatt was so handsome....I love his smile!! I look up to your strength and courage.
Sincerely, Jenna Lines Jennalines@gmail.com

Neener said...

What a beautiful blog today, I love the photos of Wyatt and his daddy.... thanks for sharing them with us on this day .. that is a hard days for daddy's that lost their babies. Sending lots of love to you.

Jill said...

Love the pics of Derek and the kids. He is a pretty great dad. I'm glad he got to spend so much time with Wyatt. Sweet! I'll see you later today! :)