Thursday, March 22, 2012

The gift of Spring


Here are a few pictures I took this spring around our yard.   LOVE this time of year.  I love to see the earths rebirth and enjoy all the beauties that surround me.  It also means I've made it through another winter and get to enjoy the spring and summer months which are some of my most favorite months of the year.  I feel the beauties of the earth are gifts from our Heavenly Father and it's up to us to take the time to enjoy those simple gifts. 



"My Heavenly Father Loves Me"
Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

One of my most favorite primary songs.  It speaks truth to my heart!


Our garden this year.  We planted it as a family work project.  There were moments of whining and not talking as nice to each other as we should have but we did it together and we created a memory.  Not that it was the best memory in the world but we created a memory.  The highlight for me was having our Wyatt moment as a butterfly flew through the garden and around us.  When these moments happen we will say to each other "Wyatt is saying hi."  I have no doubt Wyatt was letting us know he is aware of us and is with us when we do things together as a family.   




Each year as I see these blossoms bloom I realize how far I have come.  I remember right after Wyatt died they were out in bloom and I thought I would never feel joy again in seeing those things that I loved to see before.  Time has healed that for me.  I find great joy in seeing these beautiful blossoms. Grateful for the hope and joy they bring to me.

No comments: