Friday, December 10, 2010

Wyatt's tree

As I've said before Wyatt's tree is truly a tree of love and that love has come from so many of you. Every year now when we put up his tree we think of each person that has given us an ornament. It's always a very emotional thing for me. My heart is ALWAYS full of deep gratitude for so many wonderful people in our life. Some I have never even met in person but their kindness and thoughtfulness will always have a place in my heart.

This year was extra emotional for me. The tears start to flow as soon as his little hat was put on top of the tree. Oh, how we miss him. I had Em and Hay help me with each and every ornament. I explained each ornament to them and where they came from. I cried through the whole thing.

I asked Hay if she knew why I had bought all the little stars for the tree and she didn't know. I told her about our shooting star moments especially this one that gave me the idea to do this tree in memory of Wyatt. We talked about how merciful Heavenly Father is to us if we are willing to look for those tender mercies in our lives. We talked about all our butterfly moments and how Wyatt loves us and is aware of our family. It was a very special morning with me and my girls. Next year I'm going to make sure D and Ty are there to help so they can enjoy the spirit of this tree a little bit more. It will definitely be a new family tradition we do together. Thank you to everyone that has given us ornaments for his tree. They will truly be cherished for the rest of our lives.

Here is the newest addition to his tree from a sweet neighbor. Love it...everything about it. Love that it's blue and that you can see a rainbow in it. Perfect! Thanks to everyone!




1 comment:

jefferies said...

What a beautiful tree! That's a great way to remember your baby at Christmas time. I think I will plan on doing this next year for my little angel.