Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blog 2 Book


This is what we gave my parents for Christmas and we also made one for ourselves. I wouldn't have given it to anyone but my Mom said she wanted one. I was quite amazed at how big this book turned out. It's the blog from day one to Wyatt's birthday this year. I was very shocked to see how thick it ended up being. I couldn't believe I had written that much because seriously, I really don't enjoy writing and I don't feel like writing is something I'm very good at. It ended up being 266 pages long. Wow! It's amazing what grief will do.

As I look at this book I see the thousands of tears that were shed as I wrote and posted each post and each picture. I look at this book and see what it has done for me to help me through the journey of grief. I look at this book and marvel at all the amazing people I've meet through the blog. I look at this book and see the love that people have shown me and my family. I look at this book and see my little boy that my heart aches for and will until the day I die. I look at this book and wonder how much longer I will continue to write. I look at this book and wonder if anyone will ever read it. I look at this book and wonder if someday it might help Tyler, Emily or Hayley as they miss their little brother and go through their moments of grief. I look at this book and hope my kids know how much I love their little brother and I how much I equally love them. I look at this book and see what a blessing it has been for me. I look at this book and see the many tender mercies that I've been blessed with. I look at this book and hope that anyone that might read it will know the deep love and gratitude I have for Jesus Christ and for the incredible amount of hope he gives me. And most of all I look at this book and hope anyone that sees it will know how much I love Wyatt and how I will always miss him.


I used blog2print.com. If you are wanting to edit anything in the book than I would not recommend this site because it was really hard to work with and I really wasn't able to make any changes. But if you just want to upload and print, it works great. I did not feel like I had time to go through each and every post and edit those I wanted and those I didn't so that is why I used this site. It was simple. I did add a dedication page but other than that it starts from day one and goes to the end. There are not very many options as far as the front cover goes, I would have liked something different but all in all I'm glad with the way it turned out. I've decided I will print up the blog each year from Wyatt's birthday to Wyatt's birthday.
I'm not sure how much longer I will blog but for now it's recording my journey with grief along with some of the things our kids are doing. And I think it helps me feel like Wyatt is not being forgotten. Also, it's a way to record those tender mercies that continue to come into my life. And who knows, it might help someone along the way. If Wyatt's story and my personal journey with grief might help someone enjoy life more fully or help someone cherish those simple things of life it makes it all worth it. Because you never know how quickly your life can change. Enjoy those things that matter most!




10 comments:

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

That is so awesome Andrea. What a priceless book!!! You are so inspiring to me and I am so glad that we are friends. Thanks for your strength and testimony. Love ya

Bridget said...

Way to go! Yay for preserving your memories in a tangible form.

What site did you use? Someone sent me a link to one site but I found, like you, that I had written quite a bit. I wanted to edit out the table of contents...I think it was a ridiculous 4-6 pages long. Can you alter any of the pages on this one?

Jen said...

Andrea, love it. What a fantastic idea, and how great you have documented those special, sweet, and difficult moments your family has faced. You always look for the positive and those tender mercies, even in the midst of so much pain. Love you!

Bartel's said...

What an awesome idea! This will be even more amazing when your children have children & can read this again & reflect on their baby brother.

Unknown said...

I have all intentions on doing this. Did you use blurb and is that 8x10 size???? I need to do that. I love it. Good work. It is priceless and I'm sure you always have it close. I love to read what I've written, it's hard, but it reminds me of the good, the bad and all the wonderful things that Stephen has brought to my life. Our angels are so precious. I miss Stephen sooo badly- I ache for you. from one angel mommy to another-- Jess

plaidspolitics said...

Documenting is my obsession! I love what you've done, and I'm glad you're making it a gift. I sometimes wish I'd use my blog for all the variety of emotions and thoughts I've had over the years, but my time has been so limited I try to use my positive feelings interacting with my family instead of writing. So my blog is not very uplifting, and not sure I'd want to print it out. It's been a good way to discard some of the weight when things overwhelm me. Although today a comment left really added to my weight, and it's times like this that I want to make it private and never blog again. But like you point out. Maybe something we share will give insights to others to help them through their own difficulties. Or maybe it will help others to cherish more the blessings we have in life, and not waste away the precious time we do have with loved ones. Thanks for sharing your experience (and the review helps in case I end up printing from a blog someday).

The Holland Family said...

That is great. Will you email me the site you used to do it? I'm wanting to do mine soon and I'm looking for the best website/deal. Thanks

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Thanks for sharing your comment on my post. I am so sorry for your loss and went through several of your posts about your sweet baby. It has hit home a little bit as my sweet baby girl was born on Sept. 19, 2007, just 2 days before Wyatt. Thank you for reminding me of enjoying every moment we are blessed to have with them.

Neener said...

Andrea it is beautiful. I am trying to make mine but mine isn't a blog it is a part of a hospital blog and I don't like it that much. Have you found other sites?

Angela said...

Just beautiful!
I am so thankful that you have blogged about your journey. You have been an inspiration to me.

Angela