Monday, March 19, 2012

Wyatt's angel day 2012

We released butterflies like we do each year for Wyatt's angel day.  This year we did it at the cemetery and the blossoms were out in full bloom and absolutely beautiful.  We had 3 butterflies to release and each of them flew to the same white blossoming tree.  It was fun to be able to get some pictures of them in the beautiful white blossoms.  Love the color white and the symbolism of it. We went back 2 days later and they were flying around the cemetery.   One of my dear friends came with her daughter to watch the butterfly release which made it that much more special.  We also had my parents there with us too which is always a treat. 

We started the morning off with a breakfast picnic at his grave.  That is what the kids wanted to do.  After the butterfly release we went to lunch with my parents. We then spent the rest of the day doing things together as a family.  Love it when we can spend time doing fun things together.  That night I watched Wyatt's video by myself and got the emotions out.  That doesn't seem to get any easier for me.  It makes my arms ache to hold him and the desire to kiss his cute little face more intense.  I often imagine in my mind the day when I get to hold him again and what a wonderful and amazing day that will be.  The ache I feel now will be gone forever. 

 It was so nice to have his bench there this year. What a tender mercy.
 Picnic breakfast
 The 3 butterflies before the release.
 Pink flowers from my parents to put in my pots at home.













3 comments:

Eileen said...

I admire you so much. I just do.

Jill said...

Sounds like a pretty amazing day. I'm so glad you allowed yourself the courtesy of letting your emotions out. I admire you as always Andrea. I love you and I'm so glad you were able to feel close to and honor your baby boy. We love you guys!

Maren & Danny said...

beautiful pics, beautiful day