Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving.  We spent it with my sister and her family at their cabin in Pine Valley.  It was a fun day spent together.  A new traditions that I did this year was getting some butcher paper and putting it on our table a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving.  Each night or anytime during the day when we were grateful for something specific we would write it on the paper.  Loved this activity...think it will be something we do again.  Gratitude is something I've learned to be extremely important.  Someday I will do a post on it and how it's helped me the past 3 years.  It was fun as a family to write things down and then talk about them at the dinner table each night.  So very grateful for all of my many blessings.
Our table after a week of writing on it.
Front porch. I made these Pilgrims so long ago but still love them.
 Thanksgiving dinner. 

And a great surprise to all was Santa making a visit that night with gifts for the little kids.  Hay was so excited!!!  Definitely something we will all remember.

A big hug and thank you to Santa.

No comments: